Friday, September 10, 2010

Music is Universal

A few weeks ago I saw an interview (sorry, can't find it anymore, so pls help) with LANVIN's designer Alber Elbaz on the subject of music.

He was talking about how much music can influence someone, especially during a creative moment, giving as an example the creations of his own designs. Like, when listening to a rock piece he has the urge to work with leather, creating tough looks and so on.

After watching the video, I decided to have a test. As some of you know, now I'm working for a label (not my own) and I pretty much work non-stop. So, for 2 days I listened to hip-hop and for the next 2 days to rock. Well, on the 5th day I compared the designs and yes, music does have a big influence when one creates something.

Now, I'm no idiot and I agreed with Alber Elbaz as soon as the words came out his mouth, but I just wanted to see how much do I get influenced by it. Sorry, I can't show you examples, so you'll just have to take my word (or start your own experiment). Even so, my best example was the mini-line Paint it Black, that was the result of me getting a little obsessed with the Rolling Stone song, with the same name.

About the images on this post, they are just for fun. Not even that related to what I'm writing here about, but in connection with music:)))...and don't you agree? Teen spirit doesn't smell like
5 plastic buttons!!!
;))))kisses!

No comments: