Thursday, January 13, 2011

Need Sleep

Sooo! I NEED SLEEP!
Since the last week of the last year, I've been sleeping less and less. For a few days now, I'm not sleeping at all! The strange things is that I don't feel sleepy. I just don't sleep.

And that makes me go crazy! Why?!?!?! I want to sleep. I want to be normal...uh! But I won't be a hypocrite! I enjoy the fact that I have more time on my hand, but I'm a little worried about how this will affect me on the long way...

That's why, starting today, I will do everything to sleep: hot milk, fluffy pillows, a great old t-shirt to sleep in...plus my favorite: fresh-washed bed sheets dried outside, during winter! Ahhhh! The smell!!! Love love love it!Now, I really like this suit! :))) I might scare all the kids around, but even that could be a plus for using one. :))) Because I think it's useless to re-formulate what others said better, here is the description of the project (with inspiration and all):

Designed by Columbia University GSAPP
Master of Architecture, by Forrest Jessee
The project attempts to challenge the idea of personal space in relationship to the human body and its surrounding environment. It is inspired by Buckminster Fuller’s practice of Dymaxion Sleeping, which involves four 30-minute naps over a period of 24 hours, and the material requirements for such conditions.
Architecturally, the very close relationship between the human body and the suit acts as the generator of form as well as tool to negotiate between the occupant and his or her surroundings. The structure of the material, a structural pleat, is used as a means to create feelings of connected and disconnectedness as well as provide varying levels of support for different parts of the body. By thinking of the cut pattern as sections of the body, the structure can act as a semi-permeable outer skin.
From: DesignScene, We Heart

No comments: