Saturday, September 6, 2008

Musical September

It's the beginning of Autumn and instead of getting depressed and all that, everybody cheers and parties around me! Not that I mind. SO, in the spirit of the newest parties I've attended (thanks to Bread&Butter) I want you to meet Aura Urziceanu.
Name: Aura Urziceanu Rully
Date of birth: December 14th, 1946
Place of birth: Romania
Occupation: singer, composer
Musical type: jazz
Activity: 1962-Present

Aura is one of the greatest voices of all times (and I'm not the one saying that). During her career she appeared on stage together with Duke Ellington, Ella Fitzgerald, Duke Ellington, Quincy Jones, Thad Jones, Mel Lewis and the list keeps on going. Yes, it's true she is great, her music is great...but that's not why I like her! (ok, the music helps a little)
I adore her for the way she looked. She was such a hippie and then disco and so one. She is the perfect example on how fashion influences our personality. Just take a look at this gorgeous pictures of her:
Don't laugh too loud, one day your photo-album will look just like this!
Now here she is: Aura Urziceanu together with Aurelian Andreescu, singing September.

No comments: