Saturday, March 22, 2008

Why I Adore the '60

I just realized I just love the sixties. These are the reasons why:
1. mini skirts (by that understanding I also adore Mary Quant. In a few days we'll talk more about the controversy of the mini)
2. dyed T-shirts (but they should keep being history)
3. Twiggy
4. Martin Luther King Jr. (he had a great dream)
5. Woodstock
6. Jimmy Hendricks
7. The Beatles (also because my mom was in love with them)
8. The Rolling Stones
9. Led Zeppelin (this is for my father. Yes, yes, I know they were a band starting with the late 1969...even so)
10. flowers (baby-dolls and cuteness)
11. pace
12. love
13. Age of Aquarius (you know it: hippies, Psychedelic and the list can keep going)
14. Hanna-Barbera (The Flintstones, Huckleberry Hound, Top Cat, Yogi Bear, The Jetsons, Jonny Quest ans Space Ghost)
15. Emil Cioran, Mircea Eliade and Eugen Ionesco (a little Romanian literature - they are Romanian authors, but they moved to France. You should try looking them up)

Sixties icons: Jagger, Lennon, McCarthy, Twiggy and Hendrix (music and fashion, completing each other) :

3 Romanians: Eliade, Ionesco and Cioran:

What do you love about the crazy-fucking-awesome sixties?

No comments: