Thursday, January 5, 2012

Grandma's Dress

For New Year's Eve, we (me and my friends) decided to have a 60's inspired party. All cute and nice and official!

Everything was set: the food, the drinks, the music, the girl's dresses, the boy's outfits. Everything except one thing: MY dress! Imagine me going all crazy, with absolutely 0 time to make myself a dress...depression, sadness, crying (all great reaction, that us girls know best).

The solution came from my grandmother who gave me the dress you see in the image (under the condition I don't do anything to it). What can I say? LOOOVVVVEEEEE IT!

But in the end I decided to go with something else (a retro late 50s beaded cardigan with an Arina Varga skirt. It just felt more New Year Party like...

Even so...this dress is staying with me! I'm ignoring my 85 year old grandmother when she calls and asks for it back!!! What?!?!?!? I like it (and she know that...but she also like to tease me a lot).

Aaahhhhh...nothing compares to my grandmother's wardrobe. Below, you can also see some shots I took of her apartment (filled with precious useless stuff that I adore)!
Kisses and love to my grandmother!!!Me and my grandma, last Summer, on her 85th birthday! Images: theFword

No comments: