Friday, January 13, 2012

Black Cat on Friday 13th

Before I start getting ironic and so on, believe me when I tell you I am a superstitious person. Yes...I'm into all that mambo-jumbo, but at the same time I can have a laugh at it. Strange enough...

Today is Friday. Friday the 13th!!!
Any other Friday would be just a Friday. But because of that 13, everything is different, with a twist, crazy!!! Now, I had luck today. A brick almost landed on my head but I managed to get away from it. Smart move! But as I slipped to the side of the sidewalk, a cute black cat got scared of me and cut me off!

Taaaa-dammmm! As I said, I am a superstitious person, but when it comes to black cats I take a stand! Come on!!! they are so cute and elegant and...shinny!!! So, I decided to investigate on this whole black-cat-issue! The result:

Good things:
• In Britain, on the Yorkshire coast, wives of fishermen believe that their menfolk will return safely if a black cat is kept in the house.
• A black cat in the audience on opening night portends a successful play.
• In the south of France, black cats are referred to as matagots or magician cats. According to local superstition, they bring good luck to owners who feed them well and treat them with the respect they deserve.
• In the English Midlands, a black cat as a wedding present is thought to bring good luck to the bride.
• A cat sneezing is a good omen for everyone who hears it. ~Italian superstition
Also sings of good luck:
• Possessing a black cat.
• Having a black cat greet you at a door.
• Having a black cat enter your home.
• Meeting three black cats in succession.
• Touching a black cat.

And on the down side...

• Meeting a black cat early in the morning.
• Having a black cat turn its back on you.
• Scaring or driving away a black cat from your property.
• Walking under a ladder after a black cat has walked underneath it.

Well, well, well! What do we have here? It looks like more "+"s then "-"s!!! OK!!! I was focusing on the bright side of it all! :)
By the way, did you notice that this post is no.13, on this month?
Mwahahahahahaaaa!From: text 1, text2, images...from all over!

No comments: