Tuesday, October 6, 2009

He Said/She Said

Here are a few quotes, from a few famous fashion designers...in no particular order! This is what inspires me, this is what sometimes keeps me going:I don't design clothes, I design dreams. - Ralph Lauren

I wish I had invented blue jeans. They have expression, modesty, sex appeal, simplicity - all I hope for in my clothes. - Yves Saint Laurent

A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Over the years I have learned that what is important in a dress is the woman who is wearing it. - Yves Saint Laurent

The best thing is to look natural, but it takes makeup to look natural - Calvin Klein

But I'm not an artist. Maybe an artist with a small a. - John Galliano

The dress must follow the body of a woman, not the body following the shape of the dress. - Hubert de Givenchy

About half my designs are controlled fantasy, 15 percent are total madness and the rest are bread-and-butter designs. - Manolo Blahnik

The essence of style is a simple way of saying something complex. - Giorgio Armani

Chanel is composed of only a few elements, white camellias, quilted bags and Austrian doorman's jackets, pearls, chains, shoes with black toes. I use these elements like notes to play with. - Karl Lagerfeld

Img.From: Open Salon

1 comment:

Andreea said...

subscriu citatului lui coco :)