Thursday, May 8, 2008

A Sight for Sore Eyes

While looking at this collection I realized that some people, really must see the world differenty. What is yellow for me, for them it must be green and so on...I think this usually happens whit Japanese designers - every season they surprise us (in a good way!). Say HELLO! to this little part, of Lie Sang Bong's 2008 fall/winter collection.


Even tough winter is a cold season, that inspires stiffens, grayness and death (nature), whit this clothes everything seems to blossom! So yes, the prime color is gray, but the sewing techniques compensate that. It's amazing how Lie Sang Bong transforms the rough fabrics in silky-soft looking ones.

What I mostly appreciate at this collection is the volume-game and the ever-so-popular origami (a reminder of the Japaneses meticulousness). It's not so often you get to see clothes that are at the same time artsy and practical (but it will take a brave little Harajuku girl to pull them off).
A beautiful collection with beautiful details. Everything was taken into consideration! I love it and I hope you do too!

No comments: