Wednesday, April 3, 2013

the Marimekko World of Colors

Nothing makes me happier then a good splash of color!

It's just like a drug for me and sincerely now...I take overdoses almost everyday! And there's nothing wrong with that + the Marimekko brand would more then agree on that statement!

On this occasion (me admitting my addictions) meet: Marimekko!!!
Ta-da-daaa-dam!
Their world is simply amazing! I want to move there and have a family, own 2 flamingos and ride bicycles on a velvet sky! The thing that I love the most is the incredible equilibrium the have with colors. And that's a very hard thing to do when you're playing with more the 3 colors (for some, even 2 is too much). Think about it. They have strong colors, all put together and on top of that, they mix different prints.
Marimekko team, I take my hat off to you. You are great, your work is fantastic and I absolutely love the world you created!
In 1962 Armi Ratia, the founder of Marimekko, defined Marimekko as "a cultural phenomenon guiding the quality of living". She built a utopia called Marikylä ("Marimekko Village"), whose aim was no less than to house the staffs and to function as a laboratory for product design and to develop new ways of life. This year Marimekko will bring to life the Marimekko Village of today.
To find out more about this Finnish brand, go to the Marimekko site. There, you'll see the team and their work + get to know more about them.

Below, you can see images from the ss//2013//lookbook.
Enjoy!
From: beatpie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love all the colors in these looks! Cool polka dot coat too. xo

Would love if you checked out my fashion blog too: louboutinsandlove.blogspot.com