Friday, December 18, 2009

Alice Around My Neck!

Now, I'm not a big fan of accessories. Actually, most of the time I don't even wear them at all, because I really believe in the minimal look, in "less is more".

BUT! And believe me, this "but" is a big one ( :)) )in this case, the more-the better! Disney did wonders in the real world with this merchandise for the 3D Alice in Wonderland.The neck piece was designed by jeweler Tom Binns, who describes this work of his:
For her necklace, I interspersed red lacquered hearts with vicious little pins and thorns (...) With ‘Alice,’ I could be my mad self, but in the context of Tim Burton’s ‘Alice,’ my madness actually seemed rather tame.
So, if interested, start saving! Because this Disney Couture accessory will be sold somewhere between $1,000 and $1,500, starting with spring. I know I want one!

From: NY Times Style Magazine

No comments: