Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Bike Season

It's still chilly outside, but the sun is shining, the trees are starting to blossom, kids are playing with dogs in the park and you know what? I am officially declaring the start of Bike Season! Toot your horns, shift your gears, pedal-pedal-break-pedal and rejoice.

To all of you who have been riding your bikes all winter long: I salute you and your frostbitten noses! And now it's time for the rest of us to join you. Let's all delight in the joys and the frustrations of riding bikes through the city: getting around faster, honking cars, the wind coming from behind, old people walking on the bike lanes and not getting out of the way not even if you ring your bell or shout, riding into the sunset and so on.

Mmmmmh, summer! It's not that far away.

I have been riding my bike to work this week and it has been the best. I am a little dizzy when I get there, like I've just gotten out of a whirlwind, but it's still the best and it's only going to get better from here on out. 

No comments: